Renew a resident alien card / green card.

If you are a permanent resident whose 10-year green card has expired or will expire within the next 6 months, you may begin the renewal process by:

Giving us a call and setting up an appointment. We will help you with filling out the forms and submitting a packet for renewal.
How to Renew a Green Card If You Are Outside the United States

If you are outside the United States and your green card will expire within 6 months (but you will return within 1 year of your departure from the United States and before the card expires), you should file for your renewal card as soon as you return to the United States.

If you are outside of the United States when the card expires and you have not applied for the renewal card prior to your departure, you should contact the nearest U.S. Consulate,USCIS office, or U.S. port of entry before attempting to file Form I-90 for a renewal green card.

When to Renew a Green Card

You should renew your green card if you are a permanent resident if the card is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months.

How to Find Out The Status Of Your Application

You may check the status of your application online at My Case Status. Please remember that an e-filed receipt number may not be available through “My Case Status” for 72 hours. If you have immigration-related questions, you may call the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. You should be prepared to provide the USCIS staff with specific information about your application, such as your receipt number, Alien Registration Number, name and date of birth.

Getting Help

This is what we do. We are NOT Attorney’s and can not give you legal advice. We can help you in filling out the proper forms and submitting the proper package so there will be no delays due to paperwork.

Versions of Green Card That Are No Longer Valid

If you have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151), you must replace it with a current green card.

What the Law Says

Section 264 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) states, “Every alien in the United States . . . shall be issued a certificate of alien registration or an alien registration receipt card in such form and manner and at such time as shall be prescribed under regulations . . ..” It also says, “Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him . . .. Any alien who fails to comply with [these provisions] shall be guilty of a misdemeanor …” The specific requirements and procedures for applying to renew an expiring green card are contained in the Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] at 8 CFR section 264.5.